How to connect your PC to a TV using an HDMI cable. Connecting PC to TV will enable you to display your computer screen on your TV, so you can watch movies or browse the internet on the big screen. All you need to connect the two devices is an HDMI cable.
How to connect PC to TV
Use HDMI cable
- Some PC’s may use a regular HDMI port, while others will use an HDMI mini or MiniDisplay port.
- For HDMI mini and MiniDisplay cables, one end of the cable should be an HDMI mini or MiniDisplay cable which you can plug into your computer, and the other end should be a regular sized HDMI cable.
- Not all computers have an HDMI port. Some older computer may use a VGA or DVI cable. You can connect these to the HDMI port of a TV using an adapter and a separate audio cable. If you are using a laptop that does not have an HDMI or other video-out port, you can purchase a USB-to-HDMI adapter. You may need to install additional software on your PC.
- Make a note of which HDMI port you are connecting to.
- Make sure you purchase an HDMI cable that is the right length needed to connect from your PC to your TV. Measure the distance if needed.
- After connecting the PC and TV together, sometimes the TV will automatically display what’s on your computer monitor. If it is blank, use Method 2 to detect your TV in Windows 10.
- Use the number labels on the HDMI ports to help you find which HDMI source your computer is connected to.
Connect TV to PC as monitor
- Adjust the resolution as needed so it looks good on your TV. If you have an HDTV, select 1920 x 1080 in the “Resolution” drop-down menu. If you have a 4K TV, select up to 3840 x 2160 or highest possible resolution in the “Resolution” drop-down menu.
Read more :